Friday, February 6, 2015

The Journey Begins




A Spark is Lit


I love to travel and love exploring the outdoors. For me, I want to live life to the fullest and experience every thing this world has to offer. Naturally I wanted to capture the world (and my experiences) in all its glory as I see it. 

See I'm a math nerd, like real technical nerdy, and photography (and cooking) are my creative outlets. And with anything I set my mind to, I want to do it right. I got a Nikon DSLR 3200 a couple years ago but was always on Auto mode. So logically, the next step would be to take a class and learn not only how to better use my camera, but how to compose photos.


Training Begins


I recently started taking a Beginner's photography class at the Spruill Center for the Arts (the local non-profit organization that offers a variety of art classes) and really learned a lot. I wanted to take the Intermediate but alas I was the only one, so I took the Beginner's again because I like the teacher and felt I was drinking from the firehouse the 1st time I took it. Fingers crossed others want to take the Intermediate class this time around so it's offered!


Start of the Blog


What better way to capture my Photo Journey of Discovery than with a blog! Mainly this blog is for me to watch the progression of my photography skills. But I've also found that I can't find real life photos posted with information on how the damn thing was taken! I probably won't do it with all my photos, but I'll try to do it with a lot to help others understand what f-stop, shutter speed, ISO, and focal length I used.

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment